Monday, November 28, 2011

Classic Red

Yay!  A new pattern!  Finally being able to release a new pattern is so exciting.  Makes me giggly like a 12 year old girl :)

Model: Braelyn C. (my niece)

Having a 2 year old niece has added so much to my life. As I hold her in my lap and read her favorite stories over and over again, all of the classic styles of the illustrations beckon to me; begging to be made a part of her wardrobe.
Naturally, I’m listening… 




Classic Red is more than just a new pattern.  It's the first of the Storybook Classic Crochet collection. As of right now, I know this collection will contain 3 patterns, perhaps 5.  The second pattern has already been written and I've made a sample.  Next step is to get it to a tester to ensure there are no errors.  Then, I'll get it released!  I will be selling them individually or as a collection for a discounted price. 

Classic Red is modern take on the typical beret style hat.  It has a slight slouch to it’s shaping, but not overly large so as to be bothersome to tots.  The fabric created is dense enough for warmth without being bulky or stiff.


Size to fit (shown):  2-5 yrs
Materials
Yarn:  2.5 oz / 114 yds, light worsted or sport weight yarn
Shown:  1.5 balls, Angora Banboo, by Patons
Hook:  G/6-4mm or size needed for gauge


I hope you all love this hat as much as I do.
You can purchase a digital copy of this pattern HERE.

Oh!  Before you go, if you have something that is "Storybook Classic" style in your mind, and you'd like to see me add it to this collection, do let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment