Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Easy & Delicious



So, I told you I'd start adding more of my life details. I think one of those things should definitely include recipes, if they're mine, of course.
Okay, first, you must know that this tomato soup is a total cheat. Delicious. But cheat. 

Super Tomato Soup

ingredients:
1 Family size can of Campbell's tomato soup
1/2 soup can of water
1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 can diced Italian tomatoes

Combine all ingredients in pot, heat thoroughly.

Really, that's it.  It has great flavor and we like the added bits of tomato. If you prefer your soup to be smooth, this can eaily be pureed using a hand (wand) blender- boat motor as Emeril calls it, food processor, whatever you've got. I know, I know... it's all canned & not fresh.... Reality is: sometimes, we have canned dinners around here. And if I can feed my family of 6 happily with this soup and it costs less than $5 (total) and takes 5 minutes (total) to make... well, you do the math. 

It's a fabulously easy "go-to" when you have sudden lunch guests or just want something warm & delicous that is hassel-free.

Uh oh, dtr needs computer for science.  I'll come back with what is in in this glorious sandwich in a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment