Monday, January 2, 2012

Read. Every day

What better time to start something than a brand-spanking new year?! While talking to my friend, Ellen, yesterday, she mentioned that she tries to get in a bit of reading time every day. I should do that, I thought.
I used to be quite a reader. And then, well, homeschooling my 4 kids, being wife & mom, and dedicating myself to working my crochet designs.... Somewhere along the way, I stopped. So last night, I went to my bookshelf and pulled off:
Hooked for Life: Adventures of a Crochet Zealot, by Mary Beth Temple.
I'm really enjoying this book and have already picked it up to sneak in a page or 2 a few times this morning. One thing I have noticed as I'm reading is that I can "hear" Mary Beth. I have had the honor of meeting & getting to know her. She writes this book in her true language and I find the genuineness of that adds to the humor & readability.
If you, too, are a crochet zealot, I encourage you to pick up this book the next time you are out. Join me in a bit of reading every day. I'd love to hear what book is on your nightstand.


2 comments:

  1. I think this is a great book and since it's a collection of essays it's one of those books that you can easily pick up to read for just a few minutes. Happy 2012 reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read. I find time for it because it is fun. :) And it's great dinner-party conversation.

    ReplyDelete