Thursday, September 8, 2011

Stash Bash, joining in

My friend and fellow designer, Kristin Omdahl, posted her "stash" today. Following her lead, thought I'd show you mine, too.  But first, here's why:  Interweave is having a StashBuster Sale, a new, annual post-Labor Day event. Now through Sept 16th. Not just a sale, but a contest, too! There is also Stash Bash Flickr Group. Check out everyone else's stash and upload your own photos (this is how to enter for prizes!!). One lucky winner will be selected at random from all the Flickr group entries winning their choice of 5 NEW BOOKS from Interweave Books' 2011 collections to add to their book stash. Five additional winners selected at random will win copies of the new book INSIDE THE CREATIVE STUDIO: Inspiration and Ideas for Your Art and Craft Space by Cate Coulacos Prato (available October 1, 2011). Winners will be chosen on September 17. So here it is, my stash of stuff:


One of my 2 bookshelves, the top shelf is loaded up with all of my laceweight yarn.  The bottom shelf is full of knitting & crochet books that I don't look at often, but am not quite ready to be rid of.


The second bookshelf.  This sits right behind my desk, all books within reach for easy referencing.  You can also see my long needles on the floor to the left with shorter needles and dpn's on the top, along with my treasure of crochet hooks.


My cube storage boxes.  They hold my magazines, yarn that is next up for contracted projects and yarn that I have set aside to swatch with.


This little section of real estate in my studio is dedicated to my spinning habit.  It holds my wheel, a Louet S15, drum carder & wool in various colors and stages of fluff to yarn.

So, join in, won't you!? Leave a link to your stash bash in comments so I can see yours :)

No comments:

Post a Comment